I have a news post in the hopper. It’ll have to wait until tomorrow.
During tonight’s A’s-Indians game, there was a brief shot of Heritage Park, an outdoor monument at Progressive Field. Heritage Field opened in 2007, long after the last and only time I visited then-Jacobs Field. I’d like to visit the Jake again in 2012, along with a number of other major and minor league ballparks, some of which I have visited in the past.
So far I have assembled the following list of cities and venues to visit over the span of roughly one week, in no particular order:
- Detroit (Tiger Stadium)
- Toledo (Fifth Third Ballpark, AAA)
- Cleveland (Progressive Field)
- Canton (Pro Football Hall of Fame)
- Pittsburgh (PNC Park, Consol Energy Center)
- Columbus (Huntington Park, AAA)
- Cincinnati (Great American Ball Park)
- Dayton (Fifth Third Field, A)
There are additional side trips that could be taken if I have the time:
- Louisville (Louisville Slugger Field, Museum/Factory)
- Indianapolis (Victory Field, AAA)
- Buffalo (Coca-Cola Field, AAA)
- Toronto (Rogers Centre)
- Lima, OH (McKinley High)
What places or parks would you like for me to cover on the trip? So far the must-sees are the 4 MLB facilities, Huntington Park, and Canton. Everything else is up for grabs or depends on the game schedules, which won’t be available for a few months at the very least. Also, if there’s a particular route you think I should take, here’s your chance to suggest it. I’m shooting for May 2012 to take the trip. Thanks for your help.