Thanks to CSN’s Casey Pratt for going to the trouble of pulling quotes from two of The Game’s Newsmakers interviews with Larry Baer (Monday) and Lew Wolff (Thursday). For the most part, neither executive said anything substantive about the Giants-A’s stalemate, which means that once again, we’ve got to put up the proper image.
If you want to torture yourself by reading into the interviews, you can glean a few things about what has been happening:
- Both Baer and Wolff are pointing to Commissioner Bud Selig to resolve the dispute.
- Baer and Wolff have had an ongoing dialogue (negotiations) regarding territorial rights.
- Baer backed off from saying that the Giants would welcome the A’s looking elsewhere, such as Sacramento. The Giants consider the Bay Area a two-team market.
- Wolff continues to press that the plan is San Jose-or-bust.
- Asked about what happened during Wolff’s meeting with Don Knauss, Wolff demurred and asked the interviewers (Tierney and Townsend) to ask Knauss.
Everything else we’ve heard before ad nauseum. This concludes your weekly non-update.