Yesterday was the first day of my eight-day, eight-game Rust Belt trip. I’m spending the first three days in Detroit for the A’s-Tigers series. Ninth inning collapse aside, it’s been good. The weather today is expected to be hot and humid, with thunderstorms at night and cooling through the rest of the week.
The rest of the trip is supposed to look like this (all times Eastern):
- Today: Comerica Park tour, 11 AM; A’s @ Tigers, 7 PM
- Wednesday: A’s @ Tigers, 1 PM; drive to Toledo; Columbus @ Toledo, 7 PM
- Thursday: drive to Pittsburgh; Dbacks @ Pirates, 7 PM
- Friday: drive to Canton; Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Saturday: drive to Cleveland; Royals @ Indians, 7 PM
- Sunday: drive to Columbus: Pawtucket @ Columbus, 6 PM
- Monday: drive to Cincinnati: Cubs @ Reds, 7 PM
- Tuesday 7/8: drive back to Chicago, fly home
Since I’ll be in Ohio on Sunday, I won’t be able to use my tickets to the final game of the Blue Jays series. If you’re interested, comment below with a brief explanation of why you should get the tickets. They’re free and I’ll have to email transfer them to you, no snail mail. I’ll weed out the poor entries and randomly pick among the best, just like last time. You can also reply to me on Twitter or via email. I’ll announce the winner after tomorrow’s A’s-Tigers game.