The reports are starting to file in. Here is the first batch:
- KGO-7 report (new with video, 4:30 PM)
- KRON-4 report (with photos)
- CBS-5 (KPIX) report (with video)
- Contra Costa Times (with photo)
- SF Chronicle/Glenn Dickey (with large photos, expanded article including feedback from affected businesses – 10:30 PM)
- NBC-11 video
Also, a larger picture:
Now that it’s bigger, it can clear up some confusion on my part.
The red-purple oval on the left is a large plaza with a fountain in the middle of it. Coliseum Way runs through the plaza and becomes a frontage road along 880.
- In the upper-right is what looks like a BART platform and supporting structures (stairs, escalators).
- It could either be a street or a pedestrian mall on the north end, leading from the BART platform west. A piazza of sorts is between the street/pedestrian mall and the red oval.
- The green building just outside the third base grandstand looks like a public building – perhaps a museum or community center.