Throughout the first homestand, I walked around the Coliseum to take stock of any changes in the stadium. After Wednesday’s game, I fired off an email to A’s VP of Stadium Operations David Rinetti to see if I missed anything. Here’s what I saw:
- New ticket kiosks on BART Plaza and outside Gates C & D
- Speakers above plaza level seats
- New signage (navigation, ads)
- Paint along concourses, especially the bleacher concourse
- New food items such as the pork nachos
Rinetti added that in the future the West Side Club will feature a game-used merchandise booth, which sounds cool. As to the scoreboards that were potentially going to be replaced? “Not on the schedule,” according to Rinetti.