I don’t usually share site statistics with anyone, mostly because I’m not actively monetizing this site so even I don’t look at them much. There is a subset of information that I consider interesting, even impressive, and I figured now is as good a time as any to put it out there.
During the month of May 2012:
- Sites that most frequently linked here: Facebook (26.6%), Athletics Nation (17.6%), the old site (1.9%)
- Number of countries that visited here: 78
- Operating system share: Windows (53.8%), Mac OS X/iOS (33.2%), Linux (7.4%)
- Browser share: Internet Explorer (24.6%), Safari (22.7%), Firefox (20.3%), Chrome (16.7%)
- Referring search engines: Google (91.1%), Yahoo (5.2%), Bing (2.2%), Ask (0.3%)
- The most frequent visitor was from: Boston
- Most frequent length of stay: 30 seconds or less (70%)
- Day of heaviest traffic: May 3 (the day of the Knauss/Clorox press conference)
Thanks to those of you who have been reading and spreading the word. I’ll keep doing this as long it takes.