I’ve been fortunate to accrue a lot of frequent flyer miles and points over the last 3 months because of work travel, and it’s time to cash a bunch of that in. So I’m going on some short ballpark trips.
To start off, I’ll be spending August 10 & 11 in Seattle. I haven’t been to Safeco Field for several years and the timing fit (along with my Southwest points). My Seattle schedule:
- August 10
- 9 AM – Arrive
- 12:30 PM – Safeco Field tour
- 2:30 PM – CenturyLink Field tour
- 6 PM – Brewers @ Mariners
- August 11
- 1 PM – Brewers @ Mariners
After I come back from the Emerald City, I’ll do a joint review of Safeco with Jeffrey, who was up there last weekend.
The New York trip is on Labor Day weekend.
- August 29
- 1 PM – Phillies @ Mets
- 7 PM – US Open evening session, Flushing Meadows -OR- Eagles @ Jets, MetLife Stadium (NFL Preseason)
- August 30
- Noon – Tour of Yankee Stadium
- 7 PM – Orioles @ Yankees
- August 31
- 1 PM – Orioles @ Yankees
- September 1
- Tour of Citi Field (time TBD)
- US Open day or evening session, Flushing Meadows (optional if 8/29 US Open is not attended)
If there enough people, I’d like to do one or two meetups. One could be at one of the Yankees games, another maybe at a bar. I’ve heard good things about Pacific Standard in Brooklyn. As usual, I’m open to suggestions.
There will be one more trip before the season ends. Details on that will come later.